Sourced from: Company’s Coming, Muffins & More by Jean Paré
Serving size: 1 Loaf
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3 medium bananas
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Blend in mashed bananas
- In a different bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture, stirring only to moisten.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
NOTE: I like to experiment sometimes with using different types of chocolate chips. For those not a fan of the chocolate chips, the original recipe calls for 1 cup of chopped walnuts.